Pages

22 February 2010

Words on Wheels

This is what happens when you listen to Hazards of Love way too many times. Still a work in process.

For the past six or so years, the MICA juniors have teamed up with elementary/middle  schools in Baltimore City to illustrate poems that these children write. The project is called Words on Wheels and these posters are displayed on the Light Rails and buses running throughout Baltimore. Last year I had the opportunity to participate as Jumore (Sophmore/Junior, cause I'm a transfer student and nothing is simple when you transfer) and my poster was one of the ones selected and displayed. (Though I never saw them.)

This year I get to do it again and my poem is about perseverance through tough times and and situations.

Here are some screen shots of my work in progress:


Stage 1



Stage 2




Stage 3




This was my original final, but then.....I took the green and red layer off and this happened:




I still have some serious tweaking to do, but we are moving forward swimmingly.

*Note* These are just screen shots of what I have been doing, so the picture quality is not that great.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment