Pages

09 December 2010

Printing Coasters in Styleeeeeeee.

And they said you can't letterpress coasters on Vandercooks. Okay, well that isn't exactly true. If you were to use the Vandercook as it was made, no you cannot letterpress on Vandercooks because the grippers are too short and it wouldn't make it to the image on the press bed. However, you can place the coaster on top of your image and remove all the packing (because coaster stock is thick) and then print it. Well, I sort of did. I made lino cuts of my images and linos are only .875 inches tall (approx) I buffed it up a tad to maybe .89 or .9 just before type high (.918) and like that, I had coasters with some impression. Not a lot, but some.
It's kind of nifty. And they are at Art Market Illustration table. For 5 dollars. Check them out.

Expect an etsy in the very near future.

Sarah

Letterpress Coasters!

Candy Cane Coasters

No comments:

Post a Comment